Our new web server at work is a Ubuntu Server VM running Nginx for static content, Apache for dynamic, and Memcached for MySQL caching. In other words, it’s super fast!
The main challenge with setting this server up was the fact that it would be connected to three VLANs, all with their own subnet. It appears that randomly the server would decide to send reply packets out of the wrong interface, after a number of Google searches I finally had found the solution here.
The post suggests that this hack may only work on CentOS. I tried it out anyway and it worked as expected, I did have to modify the script slightly to add an additional interface, I added an additional table named 90.